Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

DC MULTI-VERSE - Bat-Girl Review form the King Shark Series !!!

When I purchased this figure of Bat-Girl, I thought it was maybe a new teenager fighting alongside Bat-Man . But after doing some research , I have learned that it is supposed to be Barbara Gordon . I purchased this figure of Bat-Girl at a local Walmart for around the $ 19.99 price range .




 As you can see you don't have to do internet research to see that this is indeed Barbara Gordon , as it clearly shows on the packaging that this is indeed her . However I wanted to make sure Mattel was correct and did not make a mistake, and after researching they are indeed correct . Now for a look at the figure out of the packaging .
 The above pic is a perfect example of how huge King Shark is . It looks like his whole entire arm is bigger than her entire body .  Just his hand alone is bigger than both of her feet put together . I'm looking very much forward to completing this guy .


 As for the Batgirl figure herself , I'm not a fan of the cartoonish style look of her face . The extremely big eyes makes the figure look cartoonish looking instead of looking realistic like a real life person . Despite the cartoon like look , the face still looks good . This is not a complaint by any means, I just prefer a more realistic looking face on my action figures than a cartoon style .  Speaking of complaints, the only real complaint I have about this figure is that although she stands well with the proper stance , it is somewhat easy to knock her over and make her fall with the slightest touch . So be cautious when displaying her . Then again, it could just be my copy of the figure . I love her cape, it is made out of a nice thin rubbery plastic . I think all future caped characters / figures capes should be done in with this type of craftsmanship . The hair is a hard plastic . Now for a look at the accessories .
 As for Batgirl's accessories , she comes with a yellow bat-a-rang and  what looks to be a camera or cell phone . Below is the left arm of the King Shark build-a-figure .



Above is my best effort at posing Batgirl with her accessories . The first couple of pics I was trying to make her look as if she is about to throw or toss the bat-a-rang .  In the pic above she is supposed to be taking a selfie of herself with her camera or phone, in which she actually does pose for a selfie on one of the comic book covers . Below are comparison pics of Batgirl next to two  people that have played the role of Robin alongside BatMan, including the original Robin known as Dick Grayson .

+

As you can see she is the same height as Grayson but towers over the female Robin known as Carrie Kelley . So I assume that this version of Barbara Gordon must either be a young adult or older teen .
                                                   FINAL   THOUGHTS   

(1) ARTICULATION  -  The head seems to be the only part with limited articulation . even though her neck is not ball-jointed, the hard hair would restrict some movement anyway even if it was ball jointed.

(2) STANDING  ABILITY - She stands really well once in the proper stance, however as mentioned earlier it is easy to knock her down .

(3) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - The cape . It's lightweight and thin . Nice facial sculpt despite cartoonish look .  I like her cell phone / camera accessory .

(4)  WHAT  I  LIKE  LESS  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - Nothing disliked .

(5) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? - At the moment no improvements needed .

(6) GRADING  SCALE - A Perfect 10 only because I could find NO flaws . Not because I think that she is a super excellent figure . She's pretty cool in my opinion but not spectacular . She's not one of my favorite figures, so she gets a Perfect 10 because I could find no flaws .

(7)  FINAL   ANALYSIS -  This is a nice figure of Batgirl, however I prefer the original Barbara Gordon Batgirl over this one . I guess I'm just old school .

No comments:

Post a Comment