Translate

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

DC Comics Multiverse - King Shark Series - Joker Review !!!

I'll admit I was NOT excited about this figure when I purchased it. I already own two figures of the Joker character in my collection so the excitement was not there. My main reason for the purchase is because of the build-a-figure - KING SHARK. King Shark was the reason I purchased this figure, I want the King in my collection. However once I opened the Joker figure out of the packaging I was pretty impressed with him . Cool figure !!! I purchased this figure of The Joker at a local Walgreens for around the $19.99 price range .



It's nice to see toy packaging being diverse these days with the packaging dialogue. Not only do they have Spanish spellings of the Joker but some of the other characters as well. Now for a look at the figure out of the packaging .


As already mentioned, this is one of those figures that when viewing it while still in the packaging, you may not be all that impressed. However once out of the packaging you're impressed with it. That's how I felt about this figure. Since this figure is based on artwork by a particular artist, it seems odd to see The Joker kind of buff and bulky . He usually is always drawn as tall and very skinny . This artist did not see him that way apparently . This is the Joker's look based on the Dark Knight Returns comic book series . He looks like he's flat footed but there're heels on his shoes. The figure is fun to hold in your hands because of it's bulkiness . Below a closer look at the accessories .

Joker comes with quite a few accessories including the collect & connect piece for KingShark , which is his upper torso .  As you can see he also comes with a knife, a pistol and a small bat-a-rang used to pierce  the Joker's right eye  in the comic, in which you see the above head from that incident . You can re-enact that incident with the bonus head and the bat-a-rang. Now for some comparisons with this Joker and an earlier Joker figure from this Multi-verse line.

The older figure is what we're used to seeing, a tall and skinny Joker without the faded haircut . This newer Joker figure in my opinion would be great for customers that want to make some suit and tie muscle bound body guards .
                                                 FINAL    THOUGHTS 
(1) ARTICULATION - The only point of articulation that seems limited is the up and down head movement . He even has hidden articulation which is an ab crunch underneath his jacket .

(2) STANDING  ABILITY - The figure stands very well despite heels.

(3) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - The bulky feel of the figure makes it fun to hold . The idea of being able to customize this Joker figure into a bodyguard for any of the other Joker figure seems tempting in a fun way .

(4) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - No dislike .

(5) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? - No improvements needed .

(6) GRADING  SCALE - A PERFECT 10 !!! I was not even sure if I was going to review this figure at first but after removing it from the packaging I thought otherwise .

(7) FINAL  ANALYSIS - There is also a DC Direct version of this exact same Joker that debuted several years ago. You can decide which one is the best between this current version and that one, as I do not have that version in my collection for comparisons .

No comments:

Post a Comment